Xero is a cloud-based accounting solution designed for small and midsize businesses. Fishbowl integrates seamlessly with Xero, giving you a complete manufacturing and warehouse management system that works in conjunction with your accounting solution to ensure you always have the correct invoices, ledger entries, and all other accounting documentation you need.
Fishbowl is the inventory solution for Xero
Here are the many details of this integration between Fishbowl and Xero:
- You can configure Fishbowl’s integration to Xero fairly quickly, allowing you to update the general ledger whenever you make changes to your inventory records.
- You can use Fishbowl to accept sales orders, pick, pack, and ship orders, transfer inventory, and more. Then it automatically exports those changes to Xero to create accounting adjustments in relation to inventory assets, cost of goods sold, and income.
- Both Fishbowl and Xero can be used to accept payments from customers, and both will reflect those payments without you having to enter them twice.
- Fishbowl lets you create purchase orders for whatever you need to buy, and then it sends bills to Xero to make the appropriate accounting entries.
- New customers and suppliers get exported from Fishbowl to Xero so that they will have the same contact information and other details in both solutions.
- All inventory adjustments (from cycle counts to scrapped inventory) are automatically transferred from Fishbowl to Xero.
- After completing a work order in Fishbowl Manufacturing, you can schedule it to be exported to Xero in order to make an entry on the general ledger reflecting the change.
This post comes from Robert Lockard in the Fishbowl USA office.